USA sports betting
NBC explored the huge USA sports betting market and the numbers are really on heights. Check below some interesting numbers of sports betting action in the United States:
* $3.2 billion was wagered in sports bets in Las Vegas casinos in 2011 - $1.34 billion or 41 percent was handled just for football.
* $98.9 million in bets at Nevada casinos on Super Bowl XLVII. Nevada sports books profits was $7.2 million on 2013’s game, after paying out the winner bettors.
* More than $8 billion is wagered every year on the Super Bowl alone ( 200 million bettors worldwide is the projected number )
* Between $60-70 billion is illegally wagered on college football.
* Thirty-three million Americans participate in fantasy football. $1.18 billion changes hands between players through pools each year.
* Between $30-40 billion is illegally wagered on Major League Baseball each year.
* $2.5 billion is illegally wagered annually on the three-week March Madness post-season tournament each year.
* As much as 25 percent of illegal wagers placed on college basketball games each year comes during March Madness, according to CNBC.
* Sports book operators estimate $80 million to $90 million - less than 4 percent of the illegal take - is wagered on the NCAA tournament legally through Nevada’s 216 sports books, again according to the American Gaming Association.
* One in 10 Americans play March Madness brackets according the data-processing website, Wager Solutions.com.
<<<--- WSOP - real money online poker tourney
Communities for California Cardrooms --->>>
Read more: > Millionaire Casino - $100,000 Halloween Tourney
> Everest Casino - 50 free spins
> 5Dimes Unique July Wagers
> MLB Swings Back Into Action
> Tropicana Casino tests in New Jersey