Play Baccarat for Real Money Today at the best online casinos in 2023
- Baccarat is a classic card game that is featured in every land-based and online casino. Its popularity comes from the easy rules that players can follow and improve upon.
The game relies completely on chance, like the flip of a coin, therefore, having a set strategy is not possible. Winning this card game depends on the psychological make-up of the player that can thrive off the thrill and appeal of online betting. At Bodog Canada, we help bridge the gap between you and thrilling baccarat games online. So, sign up to Bodog, the best website to experience exciting Baccarat games online.
How to Start Playing Baccarat at Online Casinos
Follow these steps to start playing Baccarat online:
- Register on recommended online casinos by creating a new account.
- From the homepage, click on the ‘Casino’ tab to get to the category page.
- Click on the Table Games tab to scroll through the illustrative list and find Baccarat.
- If you are a new player, you can try Baccarat for free as practice sessions to play the game without paying.
- Read the rules of the game thoroughly -- the information is displayed on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Place your bets as per the rules, and the winner will be declared at the end of each game.
A big variety of live Baccarat games at online casinos
Reasons Why Our Casinos are the Best Baccarat Option for You
The user-friendly interface is designed for convenient navigation where players can login at any time of the day or night to play and bet.
Our recommended online casino extends a substantial welcome bonus for those new to the platform and creates an account. Players can use these credits to play, practice, and sharpen their understanding of the Baccarat casino game. The referral program also gives players the opportunity to gain exclusive cash credits by sharing referral codes with friends, family, and other online gamers.
Learn to Play Baccarat Like A Pro
The following list provides tricks and tips to improve your Baccarat betting strategy:
- A smart Baccarat strategy is to go with the banker bet. While it may have a fractional cut attached to it, which sometimes deters players, it is the safest long-term bet.
- Experienced players will tell you that the tie bet should be avoided. This bet appears to have a high payout, but the odds of winning with it are very low.
- Searching for patterns will not help you while playing Baccarat. It would be similar to predicting the outcome of a dice roll every time. Each result is unique, therefore picking a fixed approach to win is impossible.
- Managing your money can make all the difference. Don’t bet higher amounts when you are on a losing streak. Instead, increase the bet amounts while winning and reduce them when you are not. This will keep you in the game longer while helping you stay focused and motivated.
You can play live Baccarat directly from a real casino studio
Learn about the Origins of Baccarat
Although Baccarat’s origins can be traced back to the middle-ages, it has managed to stand the test of time. The earliest predecessor of the game called ‘baccara
’ (meaning zero in Italian) can be traced back to Italy. The game soon made its way across to France from where the game got its current name.
By the 1950s, the game was well-known in Europe as well as the U.S.A. The Vegas Strip, in particular, saw the game amass immense popularity that continues to date.
Interesting Trivia about BaccaratGeneral Information to remember in Baccarat
- A minimum of 1 bet and maximum 5 bets can be placed in a game.
- Six decks of cards are used and reshuffled after each hand in the game.
- Baccarat offers three outcomes to bet on - Player win, Banker win or a Tie. Winning on player bets pays in a 1:1 ratio. Whereas, winning on a Tie yields payment in a 9:1 ratio.
- If the winning bet is on the Banker, then the payment ratio is 1:1 with 5% commission deducted from the winnings. In case, winnings on banker bets come down to decimals, it is rounded up to the next quarter.
Glossary - Baccarat Terms to be Familiar With
- Banker Bet - it does not represent the house or the The payout is one-to-one, and there is a commission of five per cent on winning bets.
- Player Bet - this is considered to be the opposite of the banker bet. The payout for such a bet is 1:1, and the house advantage rests at a bit more than one per cent.
- Tie Bet - a ‘push’ is when a hand ends in a tie. It means that the banker and the player get their respective wagers back. The payout here is eight to one or nine to one, and the house advantage is very high, up to fourteen per cent.
- Push - when a bet is neither the winning nor losing one it is a ‘push bet’. The amount that has been wagered is carried forward to the next round.
- Standoff - is the outcome of a round when both the banker and the player’s hands are of the same value, which is then joined in a tie.
- Baccarat - is the worst hand in the game -- it literally translates to ‘zero’ in Italian. It comprises tens, Kings, Queens and Jacks.
- Cheval - it is a French term that indicates that both the active players have won the bet. When both players lose, this bet is lost. If one player wins while the other one does not, it is a ‘standoff’ in which the cheval bet remains intact.
- Streak - in gambling, this means that you have a number of consecutively same results -- for instance, several wins or losses in a row. Often, a streak determines a player’s next decisions.
Some casinos are offering sexy versions of Baccarat tables with sexy dealers in bikinis. This came from the popular Topless Blackjack
that was inspired by the naked casino clubs
. You can also play live Baccarat from real casinos depending on the online casino you choose. There are providers offering this realistic possibility to take you directly to a real casino to play Blackjack online using any mobile device or PC.
Baccarat: let your inner James Bond out with this classic game
Baccarat has been around for a long time and some believe it dates back to the 1480s! It is a classic that millions of people have enjoyed and may look familiar to you as it was a favourite of James Bond in some of those glamorous films.
Discover this great game with Video Baccarat - you'll get hooked on it immediately! If you love Blackjack, you'll love Video Baccarat as they are similar but with a few differences. It's a great game if you're just starting out in online blackjack and want to practice different skills and strategies or if you're a blackjack casino veteran and want a new challenge. Either way you will be vying for big jackpots so get playing now!
Baccarat: strategy and rules
Baccarat follows the basic blackjack rules only you make your bet before the cards are dealt. You can wager on the "Player" winning, the "Banker" winning or if you think there will be a tie or "push" you can bet on that too. There really is no "Player" or "Banker", (you actually do not receive any cards!) those are just the names given to the 2 hands.
The value you are looking to reach but not go over is 9 instead of 21 like in the original Blackjack.
2 hands are dealt in the centre of the table. The first hand is that of the Player, the second hand is the cards for the Banker. All you need to decide is which hand you'll wager is highest, trying to get closest to a combined value of 9.
If you bet on a push and you're correct, you win a pot that's 9:1 of your wager.
Cards 2-9 are worth their value, 10s, Jacks, Queens and Kings are worth 0 and Aces are worth 1.
Hands are 2 cards each and the score is taken by adding them and if they come to 10 or more, you take away the first digit. So for example, if you get an 8 and a 2, that equals 10 but that would make a score of 0. Another example is if you have a 4 and a 9, that equals 13 but would amount to a score of 3.
The table of play is used to decide if the Player or Banker pick up 1 more card each or hold.
If you win, you'll get paid even money (1-1).
The name of the game, Baccarat, actually means 0 and it is a unique quirk that the game is named after the worst possible outcome!
This game is perhaps one of the most simple online betting games you'll ever see. But its simplicity doesn't mean it's easy. If you're looking for a game that you want to be assured you'll pick up easily but still have a lot of fun, you must try Video Baccarat. So why haven't you visited the online Baccarat casino yet?
How to play Baccarat?
It´s hard not to imagine a tuxedo dressed James Bond like character sipping on a Martini in a classic casino environment. Out of all table games, Baccarat is truly the most elegant option, and with an equally worthy history. It is also one of the most enjoyable and strategic games to learn!
From aristocratic to classic
Baccarat is one of the oldest casino games out there; a classic type of card game which spread to the “common people” from the French aristocrats. As is the case with most other historical games of luck, there is a certain level of uncertainty with regard to its roots. By the 19th century, though, it was played all across Europe, but mostly in high society clubs and fancy casinos. After a while, it made its way to the USA, and from there across the globe.
Baccarat is about understanding the rules
Baccarat is a game of luck. Purely. You can read about several good strategies, but none of them will be able to guarantee you anything. Hence, being successful at Baccarat is all about understanding the rules. And although it may seem tricky in the beginning it´s really all about a variation of Blackjack, but the aim here is to get as close to the number 9 as possible, instead of 21.
In Baccarat, only cards 2-9 are worth the same amount of points as the number on the card. Aces are worth one point whereas tens, Queens, Jacks and Kings are worth zero. When adding the value of two cards, the player also needs to be aware that the leftmost digit is dropped from any double digits. Thus, if your cards add up to 15, it is counted as 5, and so on.
Baccarat is always played between two players, regardless of how many are seated at the table. One is the bank, the other is the player. In the Punto Banco version of Baccarat, the house plays as the bank. At first, two cards per hand are dealt. The points of these cards determine whether a third card is dealt. If the player hand consists of an 8 or 9 this is known as a “natural” and the player will not get any more cards. The rules for how cards are dealt after this point differs between bankers and players.
You bet on the outcome of the game. As a player, you can bet against yourself – that is, that the banker will win – but you can also bet on yourself and on a tie (that is, both banker and player receive the same number of points). So even if you lose the points game, you can still win money.
Make sure you understand everything before opening a Baccarat table online. You would not want to find yourself in a situation where you bet high amounts of money on a round of Baccarat where you think that you are winning, but in fact the complicated rules are against you.
Two main types of Baccarat
As soon as you open a Baccarat table online, you should find out what type of Baccarat is being played – Chemin de Fer and Punto Banco. Mostly, it is Punto Banco, which is played in international casinos, including Vegas and Macau. Some places, like Monaco for example, often use Chemin de Fer, known colloquially as Chemmy. Now, while Punto Banco is always played against the house, meaning that it’s you against the dealer, Chemmy is played among the players themselves, while the dealer is overseeing that all rules are followed.
We strongly recommend that you stay away from Chemmy, at least until you are completely sure about every single rule in Baccarat and have a strong bankroll to support your play. Keep in mind that Baccarat is a high stakes game, meaning that the amount of money needed to compete against other strong players is way higher than in most other casino games. Stick to Punto Banco and have fun.
Even though the basic idea of Baccarat seems fairly simple – betting on who wins the game – there are a lot of rules to remember before you go all-in on the game. Yes, it is a fun and enticing game, but unless you know exactly what to expect, you might find yourself with bigger losses than you had planned. Your best Baccarat strategy is therefore learning the rules. Another thing to keep in mind is that the banker normally has the edge, even though that edge is comparatively small. If you are looking for “safe” bets you might feel better betting on the bank, but remember, there are no guarantees in a game of luck where chance controls who wins.
Using a bonus to play Baccarat
The best way to try live Baccarat is to use bonus funds. This will either be a bonus you get on deposit, or one of the campaign bonuses which you will find listed on our Campaigns page. If it is Live Baccarat you want to play, make sure to read through the terms and conditions for the bonuses available to see if it is possible for you to use it for live Baccarat, and how it will be used in that case. Also make sure that you’re familiar with the wagering requirements from the start so you know what you need to do before you can claim any winnings. This will all be readily apparent to you as a part of our dedication to transparency!
Use your bonus funds to play a few rounds, and see how it goes. If you manage to keep your concentration high and the losses low, then you know yourself and can start investing your own money into the game. You will find no better place to do so than here at www.casinobillionaire.com.
Conclusion about Online Baccarat Games
Here you can play online baccarat game free
for fun without stake real money. This free online Baccarat game is available to help you on learning the rules or test different strategies to find the right game plan for you. Then, you can check below my reputable online casinos to play with real money.
Baccarat was introduced at Las Vegas casinos in 1959 and this game is very popular among Chinese gamblers. Actually, Las Vegas held the record of a high roller gambler from China that was wagering $250,000 a hand in a private Baccarat table exclusively assembled in his VIP presidential suite. You can agree with me that all Baccarat tables at Las Vegas casinos and also in other locations such as Atlantic City, Macao, Bahamas, or United Kingdom when you go through a Baccarat table, there are Chinese players staking high limits.
Players from China are very good Baccarat players... professional strategists and that"s why they won big money on tables. There are a lot of Baccarat high rollers staking $50,000 per hand and most of them are betting over one million per night. Needless to say, all high rollers are very well treated by casinos and they are part of a selected group of VIP casino players
that can partake in exclusive activities (travel, events, parties, concerts, shopping, haute cuisine dinner and more...) all paid by the casino. This is something that only those who play Baccarat in high limits can benefit from.
Today, players can choose to play online Baccarat at any online casino and also feel the thrill of the real land-based casinos offering live dealer to play online
the most popular table games: Baccarat, Blackjack or Roulette.
Here you can play a free online Baccarat game
instantly on your web browser. If you want good suggestions on which are the reliable online casinos to play with real money, check our updated top #5 list below. You can also play online Roulette, Blackjack, and many other casino table games (check the top menu).
Baccarat - Frequently Asked Questions
How do you win big in Baccarat?
The banker bet comes out on top in the long run, it has been proven to come up more than fifty per cent of the time. The idea is to make the most of whichever streak you are on, this means you should keep to the banker bet until you lose. Later if you begin to win with the player bet, stick with it and wait for the next decision. Lastly, know when to walk away with your winnings.
What are the chances of winning Baccarat?
The chances of the player’s hand winning a game are 44.63%, and those of losing are 45.85%. The odds of a successful tie bet are only 9.53%. Finally, if you don’t consider getting a tie, then you stand a 51% chance of winning a banker bet.
How many hands are there in Baccarat?
There are only two hands in this game, the player and the banker. The hands are dealt from a shoe that holds six or eight decks and bets are placed on either of the hands before they’re dealt.