Some executives for Bally Technologies, one of the largest slot machine factory, visited the 3G Studio offices to maybe make a formal bid to acquire the video game company.
The plan for Bally Technologies acquire the video game developer 3G Studio is to combine online gambling, casino gaming and social media.
Bally Technologies don't have an immediate reply for 3G Studio, but there are other big names interested in the video game company which can be mentioned video game maker Activision Blizzard, slot-machine maker International Game Technology and video game giant Electronic Arts. All this names are potential buyers or partners for 3G Studio and a possible sale of this company can range between $60 million to $100 million.
Though this potential buyers or partners didn't commmented anything about the acquisition, early this month 3G Studio was reported making a $20 million investment to get ready for online gambling in the US
and applied to a real money online gambling in Nevada Gaming Commission to launch an online gambling website called SlotALot with casino operator Eldorado Hotels.
- Other slot machine factories moved to social gaming to start marketing to younger gamblers and enter in this lucrative market;
- US brick and mortar casino operators are teaming with online gambling software developers to get their online casinos in a market which is expected to get $10 billion in bets on the next years;
- The slot machine maker IGT paid $500 million in an agreement with DoubleDown Interactive which produces online casino games for Facebook;
- 85 countries have online gambling legalized and $35 billion is expected in bets every year;
- The slot machine and casino games factory WMS informed that will offer online gambling to terresterial casino operators;
- IGT and Bally Technologies have online gaming licenses in Nevada, and they can make partnerships to offer online gambling solutions to Las Vegas casinos enter the online gambling industry;
- Zynga applied to get a Nevada license to operate real money online poker. They have 34 million users registered and playing its free online games in Facebook.
"The social gaming business is up for grabs. I think we're in a space where we'll see deal activity, largely on the technology side. For casinos, social gaming content is king right now," said Carlo Santarelli, analyst with Deutsche Bank.